How to file a complaint
Please file your complaint along with disability certificate and supporting documents as mentioned in Rule 89 of the Nagaland Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2019
89. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED
(1) A complainant may present a complaint containing the following particulars in person or by his/her agent to the State Commissioner, namely:
- the name, description, phone number, and the address of the complainant;
- the name, description and the address of the opposite party or parties, as the case may be, so far as they may be ascertained;
- the facts relating to complaint and when and where it arose;
- documents in support of the allegations contained in the complaint;
- the relief which the complaints claims.
(2) The State Commissioner, on receipt of a complaint, shall refer a copy of the complaint to the opposite party or parties mentioned in the complaint directing him/her to give his/her version of the case within a period of thirty days or such extended period not exceeding fifteen days as may be granted by the State Commissioner.
(3) On the date of hearing or any other date to which hearing could be adjourned, the parties or their agents shall appear before the State Commissioner.
(4) Where the complainant or his/her agents fail to appear before the State Commissioner on such days, the State Commissioner may either dismiss the complaint on default or decide on merits
(5) Where the opposite party or his/her agents fail to appear on the date of hearing, the State Commissioner may take such necessary action under section 82 of the Act as he/she deems fit for summoning and enforcing the attendance of the opposite party.
(6) The State Commissioner may dispose of the complaints ex-parte, if necessary.
(7) The State Commissioner may on such terms as he/she deems fit and at any stage of the proceeding, adjourn the hearing of the complaint.
(8) The State Commissioner shall decide the complaints as far as possible within a period of three months from the date of receipt of notice by the opposite party.